Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 October 2002 12:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy We are all aware that the amount of exaggerated and or false personal injury claims currently outweighs the genuine ones. We also recognise that these claims are pushing premiums so high that some small companies are being forced out of business, it is also reported that more companies are tempted to operate illegally, without any insurance at all. So even with the above, does the government wish to support the ever-growing claim culture. Even though it will  Further increase the claim rate  Push up premiums further still  Force more small businesses to close Is this worth £120m/year Discuss please Regards Andrew P.S (A person seriously injured whilst acting reasonably should be suitably compensated, rehabilitated etc and is not my intent to belittle genuine compensation claims)
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 October 2002 14:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Scott Andy, there was some discussion on this very subject back in September, 13th to be precise, posted by Neal Robertson. You may find some info there.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 October 2002 14:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Brede At the Labour Party Conference I challenged two Ministers, Patricia Hewitt MP at an Industry fringe and David Jamieson MP at a Rail fringe meeting on the soaring cost of insurance on business. Both are actively on the case in taking this up within government so I would suggest that your views are expressed to your MP and to the Ministers direct so that their minds stay focused on the issue. David