Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 24 October 2002 12:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Elliott I am trying to track down a copy of the above, being a FREE publication prepared for government by the National Childrens Play & Recreation Unit. The info was mentioned in a HELA Local Authority Circular LAC47/7, September 2000, but trying to make contact with the sources mentioned to get a copy is proving very difficult. Anyone out there know of this and can help?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 25 October 2002 08:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Brian McMillan I have a rather dated version of this document (1992). I do not know if it has been reprinted since then. The document is rather basic and the general information is probably available elsewhere ROSPA, BAALPE etc). As far as the technical stuff goes EN1176 and EN1177 covers both the equipment and the safety surfacing. Regards Brian
Admin  
#3 Posted : 25 October 2002 09:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nicky The following website address will give you the addresses to contact http://www.hse.gov.uk/lau/lacs/47-7.htm, but obviously you have been there. If you are successful could you tell me where to get a copy too? Just in case you don't already know:- The HSE's entertainment sheet 11, http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/etis11.htm explains the compliance with legal requirements and the fact that you should always carry out a risk assessment of playground equipment to work out what safety precautions are needed and not simply rely on compliance with BS EN 1176, BSEN 1177 and BS7188 (Balding v Lew Ways Ltd.) regards Nicky