Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 24 October 2002 16:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By PatrickT
Collegues, does the above IOSH Certification exist?

Also is their an IOSH Certification or accreditatioin for Noise Measurement Assessors?

How is it possible to check Bone fide (MIOSH) Membership?

Regards
Admin  
#2 Posted : 24 October 2002 19:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Elizabeth Hallows
I can verify that IOSH run 2 day "DSE and office safety risk assessment" courses, having attended one a couple of years ago. It was assessed,and, although I can't find it, I'm sure it was certificated.
Hope this is of use
Admin  
#3 Posted : 25 October 2002 18:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey
Patrick,
As part of the IOSH Professional Development courses, IOSH offers DSE and Noise Assessment. Both have an end assessment and a certificate is issued on succesful completion. However, this does not mean that the person gaining the certificate is an IOSH accredited or certified assessor, it means at the time of completing the course the person was able to demonstrate knowledge of the subject. We are currently in the process of developing some of the PD courses further so that there can be a wider access to these. Further details are on the Professional Development part of this web-site.
To verify a member's status with IOSH either ring or e-mail our Membership Department.