Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 05 November 2002 15:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Elliott I am currently in the process of developing a health and safety strategy. Part of the strategy will be to consult with all employees (via questionnaire) on how they feel we are currently performing, where we can improve and what they think we could make better etc. Has anyone out there done this before? Can anyone offer me any advice as to what questions could be asked.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 05 November 2002 15:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ashley Williams Paul, it may be much quicker and far easier to use your existing consultation arrangements. Check at the safety committee meetings, my experiance of doing mailings to uniosn, gmb or PCS members is that the reps have a much better idea of how things are working. Ash
Admin  
#3 Posted : 05 November 2002 18:01:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Euan Turner Hi Paul, I'd agree with previous correspondent, and also suggest taking it a step further - why not get the committee to develop the questionnaire themselves? Obviously you'd need to clarify how you would manage their suggestions and who has the final say over what goes out and in who's name, but it would be worth it to engender some interest and ownership of the porject perhaps? hope this helps! Euan
Admin  
#4 Posted : 06 November 2002 07:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Pedley I remember a couple of years ago there was a HSE Climate Survey pack available that should help if it is still available. Bob
Admin  
#5 Posted : 06 November 2002 08:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Ainsworth Paul I'd go along with Ashley on this one. You'd be suprised at the amount of information and resources the safety reps have access to. If they have been on any of the TUC courses they probably have a survey already prepared. Just in case they have'nt I'm sending you direct by e-mail 2 surveys I prepared as a safety rep. Some of the questions are specific to the industry I worked in at the time but they will give you a feel for the type of question that needs to be asked. Hope this is of some use to you. Regards Lee
Admin  
#6 Posted : 06 November 2002 09:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Mycroft Lee Can you email them to me too? I've lost mine!
Admin  
#7 Posted : 06 November 2002 10:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Lucas Paul In an attempt to guage employee, contractor and managements perception of our site H&S performance/strategy, I modified the HSE survey to a one pager questionnaire with fifteen specific questions. Very well received and an excellent response. If you want a copy email me direct. Ken