Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 January 2003 10:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Liz Johnston
I have been asked to give asbestos awareness training to some of our staff who have to deal with fly tipping. Whilst I can do the talk, have a number of pictures, I don't have an appropriate video (most cover removal etc) or even some samples (double bagged of course). Any ideas anyone?

Liz
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 January 2003 11:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Birchall
Liz

Just make sure that you are not in-undated with offers of help from people posting asbestos samples to you.(Class 1 carcinogens regardless of type). The Post Office had this banned since 1956's Act I believe.
The local HSE office may help as I have seen displays which they use at exhibitions to test peoples knowledge on possible ACM's. This could be useful for training.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 January 2003 11:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Arran Linton - Smith
The best asbestos awareness video that I have seen has been published by the CITB.

The HSE also do one but that appears to be mainly focused on the health effects of asbestos.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 08 January 2003 11:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Birchall
The two part film entitled "How are you today?" is very good. Available from the HSE.
Is this the one Arran refers to?
Admin  
#5 Posted : 08 January 2003 12:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Arran Linton - Smith
How are you today? is the HSE video that I was referring to.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 08 January 2003 13:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Elliott
Liz - sign yourself up as an Asbestos Partner - see HSE web page and follow the Asbestos campaign pointers - get yourself FREE training material including useful notes, booklets, pictures, and a Video.
Admin  
#7 Posted : 08 January 2003 14:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson
Go to www.asbestos-manager.com or get in touch with ACAD the tarde asociation.