Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 January 2003 17:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Eric Burt
Last night on BBC 2 there was a very good programme about the Southall Rail crash which examined a number of issues such as engineering design, risk management, human behaviour and decision making. Unfortunately I did not tape the programme, but I would urge colleagues to try to get hold of a copy. This tragedy was reconstructed in a very informative and sensitive way and reminds us as Health and Safety professionals how the decisions that we make can have such a great impact on other people's lives. I think the programme is on again next Tuesday evening at 9.00pm looking at another topic.
If anyone did manage to tape it, could they possibly make it available to others?

Many thanks

Eric
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 January 2003 08:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alex Hodson
I found this to be a very interesting programme. It was thought provoking and certainly raised a number of challenging moral and professional issues relevant to all people involved in H&S.

Hopefully the BBC will repeat it on one of their digital / satellite channels. If they do, perhaps date/time/channel details could be provided on this forum by whoever gets here first!
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 January 2003 10:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alison Melrose
I missed the start of the programme, but what I did see was was very good - really wished I had set the video!

It's a pity such a good programme was "hidden" on BBC 2 with little or no advertising. I think quite a few people (not just H&S professionals) would have found it thought provoking.

I will watch the next two though - if I remember!!