Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 29 January 2003 14:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Euan Turner
Does anyone have expeierience of putting together a h&S training plan for a new cheif exec? It would be very helpful to learn what others have done previously. The organisation in question is a small enterprise, about 50 employees and the person taking on the role has limited experience in h&s. I've already taken them through the basics of the law, management systems and responsibilities and provided a reading list, so I suppose the question is, is there anything else out there that would be useful? I also thought about the IOSH course for executives, but am not sure if anyone runs these courses on an 'open' basis, more info on this would also be useful.

many thanks in advance!

Euan
Admin  
#2 Posted : 29 January 2003 15:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Robert M Edwards
A company called TBD Global Ltd offer a range of courses approved by the Institute of Leadership and Management. They are aimed at senior leaders and include leadership and law in a range of subjects including Health and Safety. They can be contacted at info@tbdglobal.com or on 0870 241 3998. I think they do reductions for voluntary sector business too.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 29 January 2003 15:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Allan
Euan

Your approach sounds quite reasonable - try to get him involved and committed early on in his tenure.

Also get the others on the Board involved - get a copy of Directors responsibilities from the HSE (downloadable from website).

I'm pretty sure the companies Employer's liabilty Insurance, almost certainly increased, will also help focus his mind.

CHSS offer the IOSH Safety for Senior Execs at a variety of venues and can really help to aid understanding of H&S issues for your senior people.

Hope this helps

Regards

David
Admin  
#4 Posted : 29 January 2003 15:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Allan
Euan

CHSS can be contacted on 0800 1002689 or info@chss.uk.com

David
Admin  
#5 Posted : 29 January 2003 15:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Euan Turner
thanks for the speedy responses and reassurances gents, no doubt I'll be back in touch soon.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 30 January 2003 15:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ethne D'Arcy
Euan

For open providers of all our training courses click onto the course providers list on the web. Alternatively call our training office and we will send you a copy.

Ethne
Admin  
#7 Posted : 30 January 2003 15:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Stone
Ive found this site quite useful:

http://myweb.tiscali.co..../Powerpoint%20slides.htm