Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 February 2003 10:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By peter
are they any rules & regs about disposal of light tubes - can i throw them on the council
skip?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 February 2003 10:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne
Peter,

I have e-mailed you 2 guidance documents in pdf format.

Regards,

Paul Craythorne
Admin  
#3 Posted : 04 February 2003 11:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Michelle Driscoll
We are fortunate in that our supplier of flourescent tubes recycles all of our spent tubes free of charge.

www.cityandwest.co.uk
Admin  
#4 Posted : 04 February 2003 20:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Laurie
The best thing to do is to check with your LA Environmental Health Officer. In the two cases I have checked, one authority would accept no tubes at all in skips, the other would allow up to half a dozen (though I doubt if this will be permitted for much longer)

Laurie
Admin  
#5 Posted : 06 February 2003 13:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Malcolm Earl
The Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive is due to be introduced in 2004, although it appears that we will have until 2006 to comply as end users. The directive will make it mandatory to decontaminate and recycle tubes. My company has introduced a recycling program using an accredited company. You might want to consider going down this route now.