Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 11 February 2003 17:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sarah Bessey Please can someone help me?? A colleague has informed me that he thinks warning signs should be posted at entrances to areas where ultrasonic equipment is in use. Does anyone know if this is true, as I have not found any legislation/guidance to support this.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 12 February 2003 15:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Sarah, Couldn't help noticing that nobody has responded to you. I haven't managed to find anything on displaying signage specifically for ultrasonic noise. I have however found a HSE document which looks at research into the potential damage to hearing caused by high frequency, very high frequency and ultrasonic frequency. It is in pdf format so I will e-mail it to you. Hope it is of some use. Regards, Paul Craythorne
Admin  
#3 Posted : 12 February 2003 15:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Sarah, Please send me your e-mail address as your name at the top of the page does not provide a direct link like it does with most forum users. Regards, Paul Craythorne