Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 13 February 2003 12:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Anyone come across these little gizmos? They are a circular cup device that you drill holes through - the dust gets collected inside instead of all over the surrounding area. When I mention them to contractors they look at me as though I've lived on a diet of Mercury for a few years. I've actually got one sat in my garage but didn't keep the wrapping and the shop's gone bust. Anyone know of a supplier? The one I've got is called a Drill Boy but i've even tried a web search to no avail. Regardz
Admin  
#2 Posted : 13 February 2003 13:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Charles New You can get them (or something similar)via Screwfix, a mail order company. I'm not sure of their web address.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 13 February 2003 13:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jim Walker Bryn, I remember seeing these in that Innovations catalogue that comes with the Sundays. Often wondered who bought the stuff therein; I know now! I've got a similar thingy for my router (connect to Aquavac). Part of the router package however.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 13 February 2003 15:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bryn Maidment Thanks both, all sorted via screwfix! Jim, was my comment about buying from a shop so transparent? Yes, I look through Innovations and have the nasal/ear shaver, heated booties, brass dibber set, Scrabble thesaurus (electronic of course) and a kitchen composter. Currently saving up pop bottles to get the hardest jigsaw in the world and a mohair jumper de-fluffer. Move with the times me!
Admin  
#5 Posted : 13 February 2003 16:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson I have the hardest jigsaw in the world someone gave it to me by a company called 'Kellogs' its a picture of a cartoon chicken but the bits look all crispy ans are all diffirent sizes
Admin  
#6 Posted : 13 February 2003 16:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Elliott Dave - I've seen that one too - apparently it is reversible making it doubly difficult to complete and if that wasn't bad enough there is no picture to go by!
Admin  
#7 Posted : 13 February 2003 16:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt Ah, then that will be the one that David Beckham is said to have taken along to Sir Alex for advice about. After looking at it for 5 seconds, Sir Alec is said to have replied: "Put the cornflakes back in the biox, David". Don't believe a word of it myself. Allan
Admin  
#8 Posted : 14 February 2003 17:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson That will be the one then Alan! Couldn't fit all the bits back in the box though so tried the new snowflake jigsaw! Apparently you have to depict a 'Frostie' scene whatever that is!!!
Admin  
#9 Posted : 16 February 2003 00:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wynn Do not waste your hard earned cash with new fangled gizmos all you need is an envolope and approx 4-6inches of masking tape pull out envolope into a cup shape attach to wall just below site of hole stick with tape the envelope will catch 99.9% of brick dust etc. (old joiners trick) enjoy!
Admin  
#10 Posted : 17 February 2003 18:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor A corn flakes packet will collect more of the dust - but make sure you eat the jig-saw first.