Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 26 February 2003 10:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By interbeer
I am About to go for an interview with a large company with the IOS 9002 and would like to be famillier with it requirments.
Can anyone help me find some information on IOS 9002?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 February 2003 12:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Rachel Jones
If you mean ISO 9002 then Information section (then look in the 'resources' part) of:

http://www.iqa.org/

has some useful factsheets about the ISO 9000 family

Rachel
Admin  
#3 Posted : 26 February 2003 12:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jane Blunt
I believe you are referring to BS EN ISO 9002, and this is a quality standard. You can find it on the BSI webpage. http://www.bsi-global.com/index.xalter

Some of the key aspects of quality standards are

- that you know what raw materials you are buying and where they are coming from,
- you store them so that when you retrieve them you know that they are the same stuff as you bought in,
- you manufacture (or whatever) to a standard,
- you deal with anomalies/mistakes and put them right

and that you have a paperwork trail that proves that it has all happened. The audit procedures entail figuring out whether the company procedures conform to the requirements of the Standards, and whether the people in the organisation actually follow what is written in the Copmany procedures. The cynics will say that you can get ISO 9002 while manufacturing rubbish, as long as your company has defined to what standard the rubbish will be made!

In a culture where ISO 9002 is well embedded, there are opportunities for bolting on a safety management system run in the same way. The advantages are that when you develop your safe working procedures, you can justify to management that they should be audited in the same way - i.e. do the people do what it says in the manual, and does the manual describe a system of work that is lawful.

Regards
Jane