Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 27 February 2003 23:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Isobel Smith I would be grateful if anyone could give me information on what types of health checks I should be carrying out on staff who were exposed to cement known to contain asbestos Isobel Robsmith
Admin  
#2 Posted : 28 February 2003 09:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Birchall Apart from the typical health surveillance requirements with The Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations, I feel that if the exposure was recent, any chest examinations would show nothing at this point in time. You perhaps need to discuss this with an independent health screening clinic. What were the circumtances that led to the exposure? Did you say that it was exposure to chrysotile (white) asbestos? I know that organisations like the Institute of Medicine, in Edinburgh, have knowlegeable people who may be able to answer your questions.