Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 07 March 2003 13:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Diane Wilson I am looking towards benchmarking my organisation's health and safety performance against that of other organisations and would be interested to hear from anyone in a local authority or large complex organisation who have gone down that route already, or who would be interested in participating in a benchmarking partnership group.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 07 March 2003 14:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lorna Morris Performance indicators and benchmarking are on my action plan too although probably not as urgent as yours. I'd be interested in discussing it further with you if you want to contact me directly.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 10 March 2003 15:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jonathan Breeze It is an area I am interested in developing with our company, but am prevented for financial reasons. If only they would see the benefits & not just the costs, but I digress. Check out the business tools section of the CBI website for examples of companies that have gone down this route. www.cbi.org.uk Jon
Admin  
#4 Posted : 11 March 2003 13:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By George Wedgwood I may also be interested here but it depends on the industry sector being very roughly similar in terms of risk - i.e. we have distributed sites, transport operations and process (metal recycling) operations, with around 1500 staff. I would generally be happy to meet up with a few interested parties to discuss it. Regards, George Wedgwood (EMR)
Admin  
#5 Posted : 13 March 2003 10:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Duncan Brown Hi Diane I thought you might be interested in a new video we have produced with the CBI about world class safety values.In "The Secret Weapon" we visited Dupont's currently best peforming site in Maydown Northern Ireland to show how a set of realistic and consistent core safety values can have a tremendous impact on safety and,in turn,business performance.Lorna would be interested that the film shows how safety needs to be viewed as a business opportunity rather than just a loss control exercise.Give me a call on 020 8289 2466 if you want to see the video or have a look at our website www.outtakes.co.uk under new films for a brief outline. Thanks Duncan Brown