Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 11 March 2003 14:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson Having just had my 'Royal charte & Byelaws' delivered I have a question. After 1st Apr 2003 what is the academic route to attain Corporate Membership?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 11 March 2003 17:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jonathan Breeze Dave, The way I read it is that Corporate Membership will be attained through Graduate Membership (i.e. professional qualification) plus 3 years professional experience. I do not however claim to be in the know, perhaps we could have a response from someone on the comittee that decideds these things. There was a previous thread called "Tech SP & The Chartered Institute" which, although not directly relevant, may post some light on the thinking of IOSH. Jon
Admin  
#3 Posted : 12 March 2003 15:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Membership Registrar The route to corporate membership remains unchanged from 1st April 2003 and any alterations to the membership structure are unlikely to be implemented before 2005. Applicants are required to possess an OS&H qualification which has been accredited by the Institution (the accredited list may be found here on the web under membership). A minimum of three years definitive or pro rata experience in the discipline is also required. We do not have a mature route to corporate membership through seniority, position or experience. If a prospective corporate member wishes to discuss his/her personal circumstances please ignore 'rumour control' and contact us on 0116 257 3198 or membership@iosh.co.uk and we will do our best to answer your questions Norman Walton Membership Registrar
Admin  
#4 Posted : 14 March 2003 14:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson Thanks for that Norman it clears up a few questions which I had in my head.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 01 June 2003 01:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Spencer What is the route to chartered member status?
Admin  
#6 Posted : 02 June 2003 14:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson Dont know Richard which is what I think a lot of debates on other threads is all about.
Admin  
#7 Posted : 03 June 2003 01:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Spencer Thanks Dave