Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 12 March 2003 20:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Graham Clarke MIOSH, MIIRSM Need some help folks, I wish to start the process of ISO14001 with a training session to the managers and a seperate one to the employees. Ideally looking for a Powerpoint presentation covering, 14001, why we need to do it and the role each person can do to aid the process. If anyone has a presentation they could let me have I am willing to swap over 50 others on safety, hope you can help.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 13 March 2003 08:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neal Robertson Graham, There is an excellent ISO14001 toolbox document in Word format at http://members.lycos.co.uk/sbsf which you are free to download and adapt. Also, on the links page, have a look at the free safety information site - usually some good quality stuff there. Hope this helps
Admin  
#3 Posted : 13 March 2003 12:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Neal, Haven't you just referred Graham to his own document or is there another Graham Clarke out there? Regards, Paul Craythorne
Admin  
#4 Posted : 13 March 2003 13:33:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neal Robertson Er - yes I have (Sorry Graham) I really should read the address line more closely. I can recommend Graham`s toolkit to any forum readers.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 13 March 2003 19:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Graham Clarke MIOSH, MIIRSM Hi, Can you imagine my suprise when I found my own document on the web site, I have no objections to others using this if it aids safety professionals in their goal of achieving 14001; however I would like to know how it appeared on this site and as other members will testify I do ask if I send you the document can you keep me informed as to your progress in 14001.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 15 March 2003 09:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Frank Macleod Graham, I have a presentation which might help. I recieved it from another member and adapted it for my own particular needs. I will look it out and send it on over the next few days. Regards Frank
Admin  
#7 Posted : 15 March 2003 12:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ciaran McAleenan Graham There is a PPT in the safety exchange on web-safety.com entitled "Highways Environmental Management System". It is one that I used to deliver a lecture at The Institution of Highways and Transportation Conference in York, November 2001. The emphasis is on environmental management concepts and although the focus is on the highways construction industry the methodology works across all industries. The detailed approach to setting up a method is given in the lecture notes that are in the Institution's publication - "Environmental Management of Highways". I you need more I can go back through my notes. Good luck. Ciaran ciaran@web-safety.com