Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 19 March 2003 12:55:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Hulett The upper(1st) floor of our office is suffering from what i would consider minor vibration problems. The source of the vibration was been traced to two air handling units(chiller units) on the roof which govern the air conditioning of the building.We have had work carried out on the units and the vibration is now less than it was but still remains a cause of concern with our staff. Not all of our staff are affected only about half a dozen in a total of 150 employees. We do not have any spare office capaity to relocate these people. We would obviuosly like to solve the problem but the manuafacturer of the air handling units have said that the vibration is as good as it gets due to the original design installation of the units and to further remedy the problem will involve intensive and expensive modifications. Has anyone else experienced similar problems? I would be grateful of any advice. thanks in advance Steve
Admin  
#2 Posted : 19 March 2003 16:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Ferneyhough Steve, I have e-mailed you details of a company who may be able to help. Regards Geoff Ferneyhough