Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 April 2003 11:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ron Young At present my company provides eyetests & corrective appliance contributions of £17.95 & £50 respectively via an eyecare voucher scheme. I have just been informed that these vouchers will increase in face value to £18.50 & £55. This basically imposes an additional c12.5% on this budget of which I appear to have no control over. Before I investigate other available service options I would ask for input from others who provide DSE eyecare schemes to employees as to what level of contribution they put into their scheme. Are my contributions too low or about right. Your input will assist me in ensuring that I get maximum efficiency from my budget without reducing the service being provided. Many thanks
Admin  
#2 Posted : 02 April 2003 12:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Mycroft Ron I think the price you are paying currently is too high never mind the increase. We currently pay £17.00 for the eye test and £39.00 for spectacles through Specsavers. Ian
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 April 2003 16:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Michelle Driscoll Ron We have just been informed of the same increase - are there alternative suppliers of these vouchers? And can we be accused of restricting access to eye tests by using a cheaper optician such as Specsavers rather than universally accepted vouchers? Michelle
Admin  
#4 Posted : 02 April 2003 16:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Edward Hawksey Specsavers work on the voucher system but are lot cheaper than most opticians
Admin  
#5 Posted : 02 April 2003 16:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Burt Hi Ron I had a similar thread up a few months ago and came to the conclusion that specsavers were the best deal. I found it best to go straight to their head office,the branch I approached were not aware of the system. Regards Geoff