Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 09 April 2003 16:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Greg Burgess Hi Everyone We are getting ready to launch a new health and safety policy within our Social Services Dept. I was interested in advice from others on how they had launched their policy. Particularly interested in whether all staff received their own paper copies, whether you distributed electronic versions instead, did staff sign to say they received them etc. Also how was the launch managed to ensure that everyone got the correct information. Advice from all sectors would be useful. Thanks Greg
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 April 2003 12:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Patrick Keady Hi Greg, My former NHS Trust (4,500 employees) launched a series of health & safety, risk management and clinical governance policies last year. These were all agreed at the relevant committeees and then circulated in folders to all Consultant doctors and all senior managers/clinicians etc. They were included on the Trust intranet, publicised at the mandatory courses (staff are required to attend these for updates on an annual basis) and induction courses. Summaries of the salient points of policies are included in staff handbooks, given to staff when they join the Trust. Hope this is of help. Patrick
Admin  
#3 Posted : 10 April 2003 13:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Eric Burt Greg Why not pop it on your intranet site as well as giving staff a copy of the CD version for those who do not have intranet access. By doing this, you can also include links to other sites / documents, thereby avoiding a lot of duplication of HSE documents on your part. Here's an invitation - if you want to pop up to Cheshire (beautiful part of the country) I am happy to show you ours. You could then spend the rest of the day taking in the historical aspects of Chester; nice restaurants, River Dee, Roman Walls, nice people, etc etc. Regards, Eric
Admin  
#4 Posted : 10 April 2003 14:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Gavin Gibson In a former housing and social services role I launched the new policy via 3 routes - the intranet, an email to all and a briefing to all staff by their managers