Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 22 April 2003 12:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By russell calderwood IOSH How do i research old 'threads' / responses; for instance a thread back in January 2002 and views / responses about 'falls from height' say in the early 90s? For example - existing threads go back one year and 'archived messages' appear to only cover the period 31/8/2000 to 2/10/2000. In the 'old forum' there is a search facility, but it appears to miss out most of the responses and some the early 2000 years; - or am I not understanding of how the system can be interrogated? Russell Calderwood.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 22 April 2003 15:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Website Co-ordinator Russell, The "Search" facility in the right hand column of this page searches all the threads in the discussion forums. This includes all those threads that can be browsed on this and succeeding pages and all those that have been archived since this forum began in July 2000. On clicking the "Search" link you will find the options include a date box, titled "In". Clicking this reveals a drop down list with options to search the past week; past 2 weeks; past month; past 6 months; past year; and all years - back to July 2000. The link in the right hand column called "Old Forum" is retained for those who want to refer to the forum that preceded this one. If you go to that site and use the "Search archive index" link, the search there covers the threads that were archived up to the 31 August 2000. I shall amend the Old Forum page to make this more obvious. Hope this helps. Angela Wheatcroft Website Co-ordinator