Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 26 April 2003 08:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter I started a thread on this subject a few months ago, the responses to which proved very helpful. However, I would still like to see a copy of the DoE Circular 12/92; can anyone point me to a website or provide a copy? Paul
Admin  
#2 Posted : 26 April 2003 12:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Frank N Johnson Paul If you find the search engine 'Ask Jeaves' and enter 'DoE Circular 12/92' you will find loads of info, however I did'nt see an original copy. Regards Frank
Admin  
#3 Posted : 26 April 2003 16:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Donaldson You may well find that 12/92 will be dead and buried before long. Its certainly been out of print for some time. The proposed Housing Bill proposes a move to HHSRS which is more risk based and not as inflexible as 12/92. You will also find that some properties which are now considered to be HMOs will no longer be classed as such but others will. You can find the consultation on the Housing Bill on the ODPM web site. You may find it useful to talk with your LA and FA as some have adapted 12/92 to reflect local needs. I might add that Scotland has its own HMO standards and legislation which is somewhat different to that in England and Wales.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 28 April 2003 11:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson As an ex EHO I have a copy sitting in front of me in my Housing notes. Email an address and a copy is in the post mate.