Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 29 April 2003 17:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Eric Burt Did anyone go to the IOSH conference last week in Glasgow. I went and thoroughly enjoyed it - there were a good range of speakers and I found the conference papers helpful. It would be nice to get some other colleagues thoughts on the event. Well done IOSH - any plans to hold a future one in Wales? Eric
Admin  
#2 Posted : 29 April 2003 17:51:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Burt Didn't see you there Eric - I'd have given you the last badge! Generally I thought it was very good, with as you say some excellent speakers, especially Julian Peto on asbestos and the construction HSE guy of the ones I saw. There was a more practical feel to this conference. Just one minor observation was that there seemed to be less stands than in the past and those that were there were not particularly relevant to my activities. I would have like to have seen some PPE suppliers among others. I liked the venue and gave the Wednesday evening buffet a miss - couldn't resist the Russell Watson Concert. I think they said the next one would be at Harrogate and after that, Cardiff. Geoff
Admin  
#3 Posted : 02 May 2003 15:21:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By wendy mcgarrity I enjoyed it thoroughly too Eric. I thought the presentations on Risk Assessment for foreign travelling and body mapping were particularly interesting and a bit different from the usual topics. A great chance to "network" but I missed more than a few opportunities trying to wade through a sea of badges.I think a message board might be idea so that you could use the break times to best effect in contacting specific delegates from other organisations.