Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 29 April 2003 19:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tommy
I am about to start the TUC Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety, which I'm told and see from previous postings gives you entitlement to membership of IOSH. My point is this, how recognisable is the TUC Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety from an employers and employment point of view when compared to qualifications like NEBOSH Diploma?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 29 April 2003 20:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Birney
Cant comment on the wider world but i do know that B.N.F.L. are employing people as safety advisors on the basis of having passed the T.U.C. certificate course.
I am hoping it is still recognised as i too have just started said course best of luck
Admin  
#3 Posted : 29 April 2003 21:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By DAVID TAMBURRINI
Tommy i am currently on my last term of the tuc ochs stage three as far as i am aware it does get you membership to iosh and is equal to nebossh diploma
Admin  
#4 Posted : 30 April 2003 13:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Mark Eden
Hi Tommy,
I have got the TUC Certificate and have obtained Tech SP membership of IOSH, with my experience as a Safety Rep at a chemical plant and 14 years sevice as a Retained Fire Officer. The Certificate is treated as Part 1 of the Nebosh Diploma in H & S . I am currently studying Part 2 to obtain full membership of IOSH. I have had no problems with industry acknowledging this qualification as I have been for a couple of interviews for a H & S position.
All the best with the cource
Mark Eden. Tech SP
Admin  
#5 Posted : 30 April 2003 13:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tommy
Thanks for the informative responses they have cleared things up for me now. Even more looking forward to getting the course started.

Thanks again,

Tommy.