Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 14 May 2003 10:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andrew Brews I have recently started training in occ health and been asked by local company to undertake forklift truck driver medicals - are there any guidance notes anywhere-or are the criteria same as for HGV medical - would value any help/advice - also are there any guidlines anywhere as to how much to charge for services provided as Occ health doctor many thanks for any advice Andrew Brews
Admin  
#2 Posted : 14 May 2003 11:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Richard Holtom Hi Andrew Only this morning i have spoken to a company called who deal with health assessments for Drivers/FLT Drivers. If you would like to try this number 01709 839 395. The company is Kinetic they should be able to advice you. Richard.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 14 May 2003 18:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jane Blunt I think I can recall seeing some criteria for driver suitability in an HSE guidance note on driving fork lifts. Checking on the HSE Bookfinder site suggests that the publication that I think I recall may have been superseded. HSG 136, Workplace Transport Safety looks promising. Jane
Admin  
#4 Posted : 15 May 2003 09:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Scott Try having a look at ACoP L117 - Rider-Operated Lift Trucks - Operating Training. I seem to remember that it gives some standards for operator medicals under the selection of operators.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 15 May 2003 12:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jay Joshi Appendix 2 of "Safety in working with lift trucks" -HS(G)6- is about "MEDICAL STANDARDS FOR LIFT TRUCK OPERATORS" It states that detailed advice on medical standards of fitness to drive can be found in "AT A GLANCE" available on Internet at http://www.dvla.gov.uk/at_a_glance/content.htm & it should always be consulted where there is any doubt about an individual's fitness to operate a lift truck. Please note that I have taken the liberty of correcting the internet address given in HS(g)6 as that address has changed.