Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 16 May 2003 08:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ed Carter G'Day Friends, A couple of days ago, I heard something about the introduction of a requirement next year for students (at colleges, universities and maybe schools) to undergo health surveillance, in the same way as for certain classes of employees now. I cannot find any reference about this, do any of our overworked and underpaid band know anything about this? and, if so where can I find out about it. Thanks in anticipation, Ed
Admin  
#2 Posted : 19 May 2003 09:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser Ed, Just to prove a theory on an earlier post . . . I haven't heard of anything on this and to be honest it isn't my speciality - but surely someone else out there knows something! Sean.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 May 2003 13:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Wilkinson Hello Ed At a recent meeting I attended, at which members included representatives from HSE, DfES and LSC, the concern regarding 'high risk courses' was discussed. Courses involving special health risks, for example use of isocyanates, may require health surveillance of staff and students involved. This was acknowldged in the meeting and that there may be a considerable cost to colleges in providing the surveillance. However, the question of funding was not answered! David