Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 May 2003 16:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Luan I built up a safety web for the purpose of technical communication, experience exchanging and information sharing, can any body give me some suggestion about how to make it better an better? Access for assessing: http://safecom.126.com Thanks
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 May 2003 19:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Merv Newman 1. Luan, I hope your site does not get the same "official" reaction as Pauls - wiped from memory without any good reason. 2. Some parts of your site are in Japanese. I am not 100% sure that I have correctly understood all of the nuances. 3. Download seems to be rather slow - too many cookies/flash/sub-routines ? 4. Translation needs a bit of work - you have a massage board with an invitation to send us a massage. 5. There is not really much content. A lot of page ones, not much depth. 6. I would worry about copy right - where did you get the information and do you have permission to publish it ? Apart from that, good luck with it and when/how do you hope to make money out of it ? Merv Newman
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 May 2003 19:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Merv Newman Luan, my apologies, I accused you of writing in Japanese. I should have recognised immediately that the ideograms were pinyin chinese Sorry Merv Newman
Admin  
#4 Posted : 18 May 2003 03:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Luan 1. Luan, I hope your site does not get the same "official" reaction as Pauls - wiped from memory without any good reason. I think it would be not a problem for the memory. there are totally 495 files included in this website, and totall volume is 8M, so the individual file's volume is pretty small, only two files amongst them are bigger than 0.2M (0.2M and 0.5M). 2. Some parts of your site are in Japanese. I am not 100% sure that I have correctly understood all of the nuances. 3. Download seems to be rather slow - too many cookies/flash/sub-routines ? Their sizes are pretty samll, only several or several teens kb, please check your computer transfer speed. (the item 1 and 3 is tested by a friend located in Aberdeen, the speed is ok). 4. Translation needs a bit of work - you have a massage board with an invitation to send us a massage. Cosider to make a bilingual site step by step. 5. There is not really much content. A lot of page ones, not much depth. I do not have enough time to write procedures, and dare not to publish procedure from other sources directly, also the sever space is limited to 10M, I have to summarized them into one pages. when i have larger space, i will consider to make your suggestion posible. 6. I would worry about copy right - where did you get the information and do you have permission to publish it ? Some information marked by "hseway@163.com" is made by myself according to my understanding of HSE, some of files is made and uploaded from other hse guys. (please kindly educate, if anything wrong) Apart from that, good luck with it and when/how do you hope to make money out of it ? Now I am an employee of a Company-DVNCL, making website is just my personal interests. But this is a very good question, if you have any ideas, please email me. The backgroud of making this website: I do not have too much work to do at present, so I was often go to the web and this makes me curious about how to build the web, I decided to learn how to make it. I buy a small space from a sever. the next step is what kind of information i want to publish, I just choise hse because it is related with my work and some other guys also can share with it. PS, the tel and fax contact information is company's, i am not in the office now. Thanks for your carefully observation and constructive comments. Best Regards, Luan
Admin  
#5 Posted : 23 May 2003 16:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Luan This past just for ending the thread and thanks for the persons kind help. By the way, the web link is changed to: http://safety.nease.net Thanks for your attention