Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 27 May 2003 11:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Terri Cox I am trying to locate the title of a past HSE? publication, and seek your help. The publication in question is assumed to be a HSE one, it has 14 chapters, starting with health & safety ending with first aid. The book uses cartoon illustrations and is reasonably easy to follow and understand. It deals with the key regulations. If you can be of use, and point me in the right direction I would be most appreciative - I have searched the web, but so far no success. Thanks
Admin  
#2 Posted : 27 May 2003 12:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson Know this may sound daft, Alan St John Holt authour of Essentials of H&S available through IOSH. Its the only one I can think of!!!
Admin  
#3 Posted : 27 May 2003 12:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson PS not HSE and you will not find it on the www.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 27 May 2003 12:14:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Terri Cox Thanks for your help, are you meaning Principles of H&S at Work??? And, this is not the right publication. Further pointer, it is quite a few years old.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 27 May 2003 12:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jay Joshi HSE publications & cartoons!! No, not usually. Perhaps you are referring to "An introduction to health and safety : what you should know about : where to get more information" -health and safety in small firms-HSE leaflet IND(G)259 first published in November 2000 and recently revised. It is freely available on the web. http://www.hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg259.pdf There is also an HSE priced publication: "Essentials of health and safety at work" Third edition 1999. This is not available on the web (However, none of them have 14 chapters)
Admin  
#6 Posted : 27 May 2003 12:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Terri Cox Thanks, no, it is definatly not a leaflet! I have an old phot copy of the main pages, but no title or numbers...hence why I am seeking help. Thanks for the suggestions so far.
Admin  
#7 Posted : 27 May 2003 12:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Allan St.John Holt Dave, You're thinking of 'Essentials' - mine's 'Principles', and no cartoons. Allan
Admin  
#8 Posted : 27 May 2003 13:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson OOPS sorry Alan was just doing some work on a course we have called Essentials,slip of the keyboard mate.
Admin  
#9 Posted : 27 May 2003 16:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Keith Archer. I think the publication you are looking for is Health and Safety-First Principles available through CIEH Before 1999 it was called (I think) The basics of Health and Safety Keith
Admin  
#10 Posted : 28 May 2003 09:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Terri Cox Thanks for all the repsonses. However, it is not the CIEH First Principles...I have a copy of that one....I'll just keep on searching...
Admin  
#11 Posted : 28 May 2003 13:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Diane Thomason Terri, Just one more idea - I used to have the St John's Ambulance first aid book and it sounds a bit like the one you describe.
Admin  
#12 Posted : 28 May 2003 13:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Gavin Gibson Just a quick thought, but if this book is so old then it will not have current legislation and regulations in it. if it is safety cartoons that you are after then simply search the web for them.
Admin  
#13 Posted : 28 May 2003 13:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Minty I think that you're looking for the Be Safe! booklet by the DfEE, I can't remember what the DfEE are called now.
Admin  
#14 Posted : 28 May 2003 16:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jack Be safe is published by the Association for Science Education. The most recent edition is 2001, I think. It doesn't quite follow the format you describe but earlier editions may have.