Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 June 2003 11:45:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Amy Upton I have been tasked with the continual up dating of all my sites policies and procedures and have been informed that we may need to consider new topics due to the closure of the site in 18 months time. Has anyone been through this process and if so could you suggest anything that would be worth ammending or adding.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 June 2003 13:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By B Hudson One aspect in closure of sites is the passing on of machinery to third parties. Consider Regulation 6 of the PUWER regs. "Part II General Regulation 6 Inspection. Every employer shall ensure that no work equipment- (a) Leaves their undertaking, or (b) If obtained from the undertaking of another person, is used in their undertaking unless it is accompanied by physical evidence that the last inspection required by this regulation has been carried out." or words to that effect. So this inferrs a PUWER inspection before you can dissolve the equipment.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 June 2003 13:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tony Gibson Amy I went through this process with my last employer,I don't envy you! I suggest that you revisit your medical surviellance records/accident investigation records etc (employee records to be kept following closure) you will find that your civil claim rate will go up!, your COSHH procedures (for disposal of unwanted chemicals etc) and your procedures for control of contractors. The contractor issue was a big one for us because we had so many pieces of equipment to remove. You could also review your Manual handling procedures in advance to arrange for office clearances etc. Hope this helps Good luck Tony