Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 July 2003 14:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Martin Williams
Please can someone advise how often certified Fork Lift Truck Trainers should be reassessed.

Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 July 2003 22:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By john r sharp
Simple answer: take a look at the card of one of your flt operators and check issue and expiry dates. All CTA etc cards are timed dated.

John Sharp
Admin  
#3 Posted : 07 July 2003 12:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Barry Mageean
It depends on which accreditation body certified your trainers. I am certified with RTITB and am required to attend a re-certification course every five years. I believe this is the norm with all accrediting bodies.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 08 July 2003 11:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Matthews AIIRSM
I am ITSSAR trained and I have be certified every five years, some people think I need certifying in other areas too

Regards

Bob
Admin  
#5 Posted : 08 July 2003 12:32:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alan King
I recently contacted the RTITB for help on the same subject.

They replied that there is no set interval for re-assessment! However each company should re-assess the drivers as part of their normal monitoring system.You could then set your own intervals between assessments or re-training.

The contact is Simon Docherty - 01952 520 209

Regards