Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 July 2003 17:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Clay
I am trying to find prices for vibration testing equipment that can be used on hand held vibrating equipment out on site. Does anyone know of any manufacturers where I can get information?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 07 July 2003 11:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Chris Turner
Castle in Scarborough (www.castlegroup.co.uk) sell and hire such equipment. A point to bear in mind though is that you need to be a competent person as in the Noise regs.

regards

Chris T
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 July 2003 11:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Emma Forbes
We purchased our equipment from Castle Group and I also attended the 3 day course which was excellent (the vibrating chair demonstrating WBV is an experience I'll not forget!) Contact Dianne at Castle on 01723 584250. She's always very helpful.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 08 July 2003 14:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jeff Manion
be aware that not all meters do all axis and therfore you have to spend greater time calculating the dose.

Prices range from £2000 up to £5500 for the better triaxis kits. Costs are extra for accelermeters

Bruel and Kjaer UK

data-loop [sales@data-loop.co.uk]

You should undertake a course to become competent.

try 01738 550176 they have an american kit Larson Davis this would appear to be the best kit.

Of course am competent to do the checks and assessments.

Jeff Manion, MIOSH, MRSH, MIIRSM MIHPE, MAPS, www.groveservices.co.uk