Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 July 2003 11:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Rachel Valentine I have been asked by a colleague about Fire Risk Assessments for public houses / restaurants. I don’t suppose anybody already has a tailored Risk Assessment form or checklist that they would share? Any help would be most appreciated. Best regards Rachel.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 July 2003 12:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Mycroft Emailed you direct Rachel. Ian
Admin  
#3 Posted : 29 August 2003 11:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Norman Ruddock Hi Rachel I don't know about tailor made assessments for your industry but in the IOSH Principles of H&S there is a Specimen Fire Risk Assessment; you may find that useful. Norman
Admin  
#4 Posted : 02 September 2003 12:46:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Malcolm Hogarth I can't find the specimin Fire Risk Assessment in 'Principles' (Fifth Edition)that Norman refers to. Can anybody help me out with a template fire risk assessment form. Thanks.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 02 September 2003 13:02:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Norman Ruddock Malcom, The specimen is in the 6th edition.If you email your fax number I'll send a copy from the book. Norman
Admin  
#6 Posted : 04 September 2003 22:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stephen Lambert You might also like to consider looking at "Fire Safety: An Employer's Guide" issued by TSO for both principles behind fire safety and the associated risk assessment. This could be downloaded from the ODPM's mini-site - probably until they realised that they could make more money from it in hardcopy. A form is fine but it tends not to address the strategy and methods inherited from dying legislation.