Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 July 2003 17:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tom Gorman I am sorry if I am repeating information that may have been put onto the forum before, but I have come across an excellent web-site, where you can access excellent Health & Safety photographs for Powerpoint Presentations. Beware, some of the photographs are rather graphic, but they will get the point across. Deatils of the site are as follows. www.safteng.net ( Look down the left hand side of the page below Links to find details of photographs). Again, apologies if I am going over old ground. Regards, Tom Gorman
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 July 2003 12:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Wood Having used the site, and asked for permission for using a pic, they usually have no objections but do ask that they are credited for use of the pics. Not too much to ask, methinks!
Admin  
#3 Posted : 10 July 2003 18:39:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould have checked the site out and was very impressed. Thanks do you know of any good free safety clipart sites.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 10 July 2003 18:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould loved the beaver photo and logo. Cracked up at the speed boat and post. Loved santa might even touch him up for eglish safety regs. Copyright breach but ill leave a donation. Would also appreciate some amusing safety stories or jokes Get in touch or leave on iosh. In fact a humour section would go well on this site where we could leave pictures and jokes etc.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 11 July 2003 09:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Gerry Mcaleney Hi , I found some of them v. funny ( is there something wrong with me ) and others just defy belief and i agree with jason there should be a humour/joke/visual section.Are there any websites that are uk based like this ?.Gerry
Admin  
#6 Posted : 11 July 2003 12:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Linda Westrupp Have just checked out the sites mentioned, I particularly like the icantfocus one. Can anyone help with this? A couple of years ago I came across a cartoon of a cowboy after the 'OSHA' rules had been applied. Unfortunately I can't find it again and have lost my file. Does anyone have a copy? or know where I can find it? Linda
Admin  
#7 Posted : 11 July 2003 14:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Stone Linda Go to http://www.hsegroup.com/hse/text/cowboy.htm Cheers Ian
Admin  
#8 Posted : 11 July 2003 16:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tom Gorman Dear All, I was given details of this site by a friend involved in Health & Safety, when I mentioned that I could not find any good H&S Clipart or photographs for my Powerpoint Presentations. Having sat through many Presentations myself I observed that most people appreciated some humourous and graphic images. If they could relate these images to their tasks, such as the amputated hand and machine guards (or lack of them!!), then perhaps the message would get across and hopefully reduce some of the poor practices carried out in the workplace. Unfortunately, I do not have details of a specific web-site providing free H&S Clipart, but it would be helpful if a UK Company could provide a CD-Rom containing Health & Safety images, signs, etc. Regards, Tom
Admin  
#9 Posted : 12 July 2003 12:29:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sheralyn Have any of you heard of a company called team toons. They have three CD's with H&S Clipart, obviously not free and made to order (very cheap way of creating customised photo's to company / industry needs. I think the company are trying to branch out more into H&S. Website is : www.teamtoons.co.uk Our company has just provided gidital photo's of situations and are getting cartoons back as desired. Hope this helps Sheralyn