Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 09 July 2003 09:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bob Matthews AIIRSM
Dear All

I have been trying to find a course provider for NVQ4 in Occ H&S Practise in the North West (Oldham & Manchester area)but I can't seem to find one, can anyone point me in the right direction? also can this course by carried out by distance learning?

Regards

Bob
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 July 2003 11:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Webster
Bob

I am happy to pass on the advice given to me by Hazel Harvey a few days ago in response to my own similar query in the Study Support Forum

"You can get the full listing from City and Guilds (contact details available on the membership section of this website. I am afraid I can't recommend any particular provider, although other contributors might be able to,however I would always ask any potential provider if they have had people accepted into IOSH membership, which is a good indication of their quality."

John
Admin  
#3 Posted : 09 July 2003 15:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Norman Thomson
We have several candidates in the Manchester area. Drop me an e-mail and I will send you some details.

Norman
Admin  
#4 Posted : 09 July 2003 16:20:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jason Gould
open university have a cours that is equivelent. 950 pounds
Admin  
#5 Posted : 09 July 2003 17:09:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian stevenson
Bob I am have almost completed my NVQ3 in occupational health & safety just my final presentation next week. I have made tentative inquiries with Wolverhampton College, they offer NVQ4 health & safety for £460. They were unable to say at that tme if it would be available on-line, I have also been advised to try learn-direct.
regards Ian
Admin  
#6 Posted : 10 July 2003 19:53:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Colin Jones
Bob
There is a Training organisation based in Oldham who offer this course and I am led to beleive that your local Business Link/ Chamber of Commerce may also be able to help with funding.
Best of luck