Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 27 August 2003 17:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Judith Chandler Having just received a referal on my Dip 1 exam and still licking my wounds,can anyone tell me if they have successfully appealed against their results. I also think that it is unfair that I should have to pay £10.00 for the privilage of finding out my mark or £60.00 to request a re-mark. I have spoken to my tutors to see if they could tell me where I went wrong and they are unable to help me. Surely with the costs being so high to even sit the exam (albeit paid for by my employers) do I not have the right to be able to identify my weaknesses in order to ensure that when (or if) I sit the exam again I know what to focus on in more depth. I feel I owe this to myself and to my employers who will no doubt be the ones who will fund any future attempts.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 28 August 2003 09:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Claire E Although I was OK for the exam, I had a referral for my first assignment and received very little help in finding out where I went wrong. As it turned out, it was the format in which it was written - nothing to do with the content, so I understand your frustration. I found more help from my study collegues, who were on the same course by chance, rather than the course providers (which weren't cheap) or the examiners. Sorry can't help on the exam front - except to say past papers and old exam questions...every time
Admin  
#3 Posted : 28 August 2003 12:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Wakeham I too had a referral, like you Judith I am at a loss as to what NEBOSH require from their exam questions, and feel very angry at the moment. I successfuly completed the assignments, (1 point below distinction)and having extensivly discussed my answers with a course tutor, I believed my answers were more than enough for a pass! To add to your request does anybody know if your exam paper can be returned with the scores and/or comments attached to them?
Admin  
#4 Posted : 28 August 2003 13:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By David Sinclair Judith, Sadly, the position is that you entered into a contract with NEBOSH and provided they have done what they contracted to do, they can charge for all extra "services". Regarding the first part of your question, as a former NEBOSH Diploma (the old one), I am not aware of anybody successfully appealling a NEBOSH Exam Board decision. That said, there is always a first time... Regards. David
Admin  
#5 Posted : 28 August 2003 14:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By paul harley Hi Judith I know how disappointed you must be having suffered the same fate in my part 2 a couple of years ago, however, when sitting part one a student in a second group did successfully appeal for his level one. I did pay the £60 to have my level 2 paper remarked to no avail, however, they did send back a report that helped me to focus a little bit more on the resit which went OK. Regards Paul