Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 September 2003 21:19:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Barry Cooper With the introduction of the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmosphere Regs to implement the ATEX directive 137, Does anyone know where I can obtain training in assessing area zoning and classification. Regards Barry Cooper
Admin  
#2 Posted : 03 September 2003 08:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Whittle Barry, A company called Chilworth Technology may be able to help. Address is Chilworth Technology Ltd Beta House Chilworth Science Park Southampton SO16 7NS, UK Tel: +44 (0)23 8076 0722 Fax: +44 (0)23 8076 7866 Or have a look at their website http://www.chilworth.co.uk/ Regards, Steve
Admin  
#3 Posted : 03 September 2003 14:31:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Petrie the institute of chemical engineers provide this type of training, try their website www.icheme.org
Admin  
#4 Posted : 03 September 2003 22:15:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Craythorne Barry, Try HSE Laboratories (sorry don't have contact details). They helped my former company who use test beds for aerospace fuel pumps in which large quantities of kerosene are used. Regards, Paul Craythorne
Admin  
#5 Posted : 08 September 2003 17:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Roger K. Bentley Barry, I have presented courses on DSEAR for the IOSH CPD programme earlier this year. In one day, we were not able to go into detail about area classification. However several organisations have since asked me to provide in-house courses, and this has been extended to basics of area classification. I can provide you with customised courses if you contact me. Regards, Roger Bentley