Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 04 September 2003 14:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Taylor I am presently looking at producing a company car driver policy, to include things like journey times rest periods etc. With the view of the company rep,s work place being the car. Has any one done this exercise and can let me have advice or were I can locate a sample policy for reference
Admin  
#2 Posted : 04 September 2003 16:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Benedict Thierry Interesting, so am I. But I'm still at the gathering information stage and considering implications & possibilities etc. This is going to cause a major thorn as we virtually live out on the road.I think I'm about to cause a major - you have got to be joking - scene. So I too would be interested and grateful in reading other people sharing their thoughts and actions on this topic.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 04 September 2003 21:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Arthur Hendry Paterson John Lorry drivers a tracked by tachograph. might be an idea. You wil also require maintenance records for the cars in the event of an accident. Hope this is food for thought and others can offer more expert advise.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 05 September 2003 12:47:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Marshall John, There is an HSE research report 018 that may help. This covers the management of work related road safety with case studies.