Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 05 September 2003 15:37:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Joanne Laing Does anyone have any SSOW, or 1 page handouts that can be used on a scissor lift? I'm trying to put up some Health & Safety guildelines for one used on site, and would like to put some training together. Any help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks Jo
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 September 2003 19:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Steve Sedgwick Joanne I don’t have a training manual or Safe Operating Procedure for a scissor lift, but I have one for a cherry picker. I would get the manual for the scissor lift; this would have been supplied when you purchased the lift. Go through the manual with a highlighting pen and mark the parts that need typing into a training manual or Safe Working Procedure and hand it to the typist. Go through this with the operators who should have already had some training for this equipment and consult them on the contents. As they will have already had some training they should be able to give you material to add to your documents. regards Steve
Admin  
#3 Posted : 07 September 2003 13:08:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Alan Johnson Joanne I have a copy of BS6289 for sicissor lifts I can send you. This document has now been withdrawn however it does cover most of the relevant points especially the Hazards and Dangers. Alan
Admin  
#4 Posted : 07 September 2003 13:17:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian stevenson Joanne I have a safe systems of work I will sort a copy when I get to work if you stil require one. Regards Ian stevenson