Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 16 September 2003 13:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy I am aware that there is a relatively new (running for one year) IOSH district for the area of North Wales. Are all current IOSH members aware of this new district and the opportunity it brings to both the area and to members, new and existing. A question for IOSH: Are new IOSH members from the North Wales area informed of the new district? Regards Andrew
Admin  
#2 Posted : 16 September 2003 14:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey Andy, All the IOSH members in the area covered were contacted regarding the N. Wales district initially to see if they were interested and then to inform them of the first meeting of the district. New members are allocated to the Wales Branch who are then informed of the district's programme.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 September 2003 11:28:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip Roberts Andy, I beg to differ with Hazel. I live in North Wales, like yourself, and I have attended branch meetings of the Merseyside Branch because it is nearer than the Wales and West branch. The first I heard of the North Wales branch was via a news letter I recieved this week. Regards Phil
Admin  
#4 Posted : 18 September 2003 08:22:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Eric Burt I live in North Wales about 5 minutes from the English Border so it is more convenient for me to attend the Merseyside Branch meetings, but I would be happy to attend the North Wales ones if they were a little closer to where I live (near Wrexham). How about Ruthin, Denbigh, Llangollen? I have been kept fully informed of the new branch and activities both by IOSH and by the new branch themselves. Diolch yn fawr.(Thanks very much) Eric
Admin  
#5 Posted : 18 September 2003 08:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Hi Phil, Eric, Thanks for the replies. Phil, Hopefully the message will start to spread, if you can attend, will look forward to seeing you at the next meeting. 13th of October at 7 PM and at Robertons, directions on request. Eric, The contents of this thread will obviously be passed on the Chairman, secretary etc, however, the location of the district meetings has been discussed and will of course be decided upon the needs of the majority, if anyone wished to discuss the venue of the North Wales district, please write to the secretary, address this thread or attend the district meetings. Hazel, Would you care to comment on Phil Roberts reply Thanks again for the replies Regards Andrew.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 18 September 2003 08:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey Phil, As you will appreciate we do our mail merg letters via the medium of postcodes. Postcodes, of course, don't distinguish countries, our target letters were sent to all LL CH6,7,and 8 areas which is why you probably didn't get circulated, It gets quite imprecise around the border as to who is in Wales and who in England, so we just made a guess at it. The postcodes are only an indication though and membership of a district is purely personal choice so anyone who wants to be in the district can be just let us know and we will ammend your record so that you get copied in with information. We actually sent out around 250 letters to people in the areas so apologies if we missed you.
Admin  
#7 Posted : 18 September 2003 11:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip Roberts Andy, Sorry I will be in "Halkadiki" on 13th October and will be unable to attend the meeting but would like to attend future meetings if kept informed. Hazel, My post code is CH5 which covers Deeside and Hawarden just inside the border, hence was not informed of the new branch. Looking in the branches area of this site there is only a half line mention of the North Wales district lost in among the Wales Branch information with no mention of meetings details or officers. Regards Phil Roberts
Admin  
#8 Posted : 18 September 2003 15:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Hazel Harvey Phil, The district is still very much in its infancy so there will be some teething problems. The official ratification of the district has yet to take place, this will happen shortly and a letter will be sent out to all those involved once this has happened. I will make sure somone scans the CH5 postcodes to identify those on the Welsh side of the border, so that you will get information about this. If anyone knows of any other areas like this, could you let me know so that it can be addressed. When initiatives like this happen we like to give out as much information as we can, although we don't always succeed!
Admin  
#9 Posted : 22 September 2003 12:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Hi Phil, If you email me direct with your address, I will send you a copy of the 2003 programme. Regards Andrew