Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 01 October 2003 16:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dot Tadman As new Principal Contractors we have sent out tender docs, sub-contractor competency questionnaires, copy of our rules & conditions for on site etc to our preferred sub-contractors. I am dealing with one company who will be providing a hi-ab for uplift, transport and delivery. The problem seems to be that we have determined that as this company will be not just delivering the goods but working to place the goods in-situ, and so we have classed them as a sub-contractor and therefore require risk assessments, method statements and the completion of our relevant paperwork. Am I right? Surely if they are using cranage on a construction site then they have a duty to provide us with Risk Assessments and Method Statements at the very least; and that we are obliged under legislation to ascertain the competency of anyone carrying out work for us on site. Am I totally going the wrong way. I am being questioned by our engineer and contracts guy who will be overseeing this job and although this was all discussed and decided I am questionning whether I am right or wrong. Help me please, I can take it on the chin like a grownup....I just need to know. Regards, Dot
Admin  
#2 Posted : 01 October 2003 19:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Gerry Marchant Dot, I have e:mailed you direct Gerry
Admin  
#3 Posted : 01 October 2003 20:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dot Tadman Thanks for that. Unfortunately the email address was my old one. I've updated the details now, so link should work. Regards, Dot