Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 08 October 2003 11:30:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Arran Linton - Smith I believe that this is the first time that there has been a position advertised in the SHP which has just cracked the £100K barrier. Just maybe the subject of Corporate Killing is now being seen as a real strategic issue by some major companies.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 08 October 2003 12:07:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Nick Higginson Arran Yes I noticed that. Are you applying? Or couldn't you take the wage drop? Kind regards Nick
Admin  
#3 Posted : 08 October 2003 13:12:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson Good point Arran but should we be relying on 'proposed' legislation to get a fair salary for fair work?
Admin  
#4 Posted : 08 October 2003 13:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Geoff Burt They're catching up, I'll have to work harder!
Admin  
#5 Posted : 08 October 2003 13:59:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Arran Linton - Smith If the proposed legislation on corporate killing is starting to focus the minds of board members, then the value of SHE practitioners with good corporate strategic thinking is obviously going to be greater. I also suspect that the boards of public companies are now looking more closely at the potential effects of OH&S and Environmental Impact when assessing macro-environmental influences on their organisation. The issue of Corporate Killing may only be a gentle nudge, but as professionals we do need to understand the subject of Corporate Strategy in more detail and understand how and where OH&S fits into the PESTEL framework. Maybe I need to review my salary expectations!
Admin  
#6 Posted : 08 October 2003 14:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson Think we all have salary expectations mate but what we get is another matter. Couldn't agree more with your view but feel it will be some years down the line before this can really happen and until then will pay my subs increase and hope that IOSH can promote this stance with the extra dosh.
Admin  
#7 Posted : 08 October 2003 14:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson just been looking at this and the title 'H&S practitioner' is a bit misleading, my SHP had all its pages stuck together(ooher), didnt go through the cutter properly had to cut each page with a long knife. Its for a very experienced 'Group Head of SHE' with safety management experience in a safety-critical industry. Didnt think that Woolies paid that much?