Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 17 October 2003 13:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Helen
I have been searching in vain to try and find something and hope someone out there can help.
you know those wooden models which are used for manual handling training - to show correct and incorrect lifting techniques. does anybody know what they are called, and where i can purchase one from?
Admin  
#2 Posted : 17 October 2003 13:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stephen Ashton
Try your local art supplies store. - If what you are looking for is one of those mannequins designed to assist aspiring Da Vincis to get body proportions right?

Steve
Admin  
#3 Posted : 17 October 2003 14:58:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Zoe Barnett
I think you mean one of those little skeletons that you can move by using a handle on their back. You can make them bend their knees or stretch their back as they "lift" a little bucket. In my old job we used to dress ours up as Santa every Christmas.

For this or any other medical training aid try Adam,Rouilly (www.adam-rouilly.co.uk)who have a huge range. They sell posters, books, models and some quite extraordinary dolls!!
Admin  
#4 Posted : 17 October 2003 15:42:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Bill Elliott
Or try www.healthedco.com - fantastic range of health relation education aids - the catalogue is truly something else!
Admin  
#5 Posted : 17 October 2003 15:50:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Helen
cheers guys, I shall give them a try.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 22 October 2003 14:34:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Adam Courlander
I use a Lifting Manakin which demonstrates extremely well the bad and good way of lifting. Try www.askmedisport.com. They have many other anatomical models as well.

Adam