Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 20 October 2003 12:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Roger Hart I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience of the operation of boats for hire as a leisure facility (based on a lake). I'm inclined to think that we can't permit this without a boat on call for rescue and trained staff in case of an accident (this is not likely within the budget). The boats would be small sailing boats on a lake of about 4 acres. All other operations which I have seen seem to have cover but I can't find anything in terms of guidance or legislation. All help very gratefully received!
Admin  
#2 Posted : 20 October 2003 16:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lee Roger have you tried the Royal Yachting Association www.rya.org.uk they are the main body associated with all things boating. Hope this helps Lee
Admin  
#3 Posted : 21 October 2003 10:06:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor Speak to RoSPA's Water Safety Advisor (0121 248 2000) and see their publication 'Safety at Inland Water Sites: Operational Guidelines'