Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 21 October 2003 20:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By paul miles
Could someone please email me an example of a fire risk assessment please? and an example of a coshh risk assessment, the reason being is I am inundated with different formats and really cant make up my mind which one to use.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 21 October 2003 22:24:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter
Paul

If you have already got several formats, won't more cause even more confusion?

Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 22 October 2003 10:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Neal Robertson
Try www.borders-safety.com, plenty free forms there to download. Also check the links page
Admin  
#4 Posted : 22 October 2003 17:44:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Dave Wilson
Try this mate it will tell you everything you need to know!

http://www.archive.offic...cument/fire/contents.htm
Admin  
#5 Posted : 27 October 2003 19:25:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By shaun mckeever
The fire risk assessment must be carried out by someone who is 'competent' in fire. I'm not questioning your competency but a competent person should be able to put together their own fire risk assessment, particularly if they have a fair choice of examples. I find that some who put themselves up as competent will conduct a fire risk assessment and suggest that, for example, there is a fire alarm system in place as a control measure yet on closer inspection the fire alarm system does not comply with the British Standard and will not adequately detect a fire.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 27 October 2003 20:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Furness
Hi Paul,
a blank sheet of paper usually works for me.

Dont forget that all other assiociated risks should be included in the assessment
COSHH - flammable and reactive chemicals
Hot work processes PTW's
Maintenance of your equipment - PUWER
Battery charging devices -over charging cut outs - PUWER
Dust and expolisions - DSEAR
Controlling Contractors - CHSW & CDM
Housekeeping & traffic routes - HSW regs
and so on
I have yet to see a form that truly enables a generic approach (checklist) to Fire risk assessment - Thus I use a Blank sheet of paper!!

If you would like more help IOSH engages me to run CPD Fire risk Assessment courses - next one 17-18th Nov do give Zoe a ring
Best of luck
Andy Furness