Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 23 October 2003 08:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sarah Bessey I would be interested to hear how other companies communicate their risk assessments to the workforce. For example, do you stick them up on walls and hope that employees read them or do you make them read and sign a confirmation. We have around 650 employees and I don't really know the best most and effective way of communicating risk assessment findings!
Admin  
#2 Posted : 23 October 2003 08:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter Sarah 'Toolbox talks' are a good way of communicating risk assessments once they are completed but I hope that the employees were involved in the risk assessment process in the first place. Paul
Admin  
#3 Posted : 23 October 2003 09:36:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By AlanB Sarah, When I first joined the company I now work for I re-designed their risk assessment forms so that they could actually be written as a risk assessment and part work procedure, in addition to seperate true, full work procedures. Each risk assessment had a space in one corner for employees to sign and date, confirming that they had read and understood the risk assessment. This method is useful, although not sticking to the accepted "norm" of risk assesments, in that a risk assessment gets done, and all persons are guaranteed to get a cpoy, read it and sign it. This has helped us in a lot of claims cases, where there has been no or very little fault on the company. All risks are communicated this way. If you want more details, let me know. Alan