Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 23 October 2003 13:56:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Helen
Hi, I am desperatly in search of someone who can carry out ladder and steps safety training in the Reading / London area. If anybody been down this route and can recommend someone, I would be very grateful.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 23 October 2003 14:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jeff Manion
Have provided this type of training in the workplace on construction / demolition sites.

can be contacted via www.groveservices.co.uk
Admin  
#3 Posted : 24 October 2003 09:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By ian mcnally
Hi Helen,

There are plenty of companies that will provide you with ladder training but to be honest it's so simple it could easily be done by any competent manager/supervisor in the form of a toolbox talk. You could save your company a lot of money and more importantly get your own workforce involved on a regular basis. This should help get them to buy into the safety culture! There are loads of standard toolbox talks available you could even revamp the HSE leaflet on safe use of ladders. Drop me a line if you want more info.

Hope this of some help

Ian
Admin  
#4 Posted : 25 October 2003 23:41:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ken Taylor
I use the Construction Industry Training Board material for our people. You could either purchase this for in-house use or speak to them about organising training. Whilst it is very 'construction-related' the principles of ladder safety and use are the same.
Admin  
#5 Posted : 27 October 2003 21:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Andy Furness
Hi
our training team can provide courses please contact us direct at info@salvus-consulting.co.uk or 01494 716954
regards
Andy