Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 31 October 2003 11:04:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Debbie Walker
I work for a relatively young (9 years) but quite large company (450 employees) in the South East of England and have been tasked with starting a Behavioural Safety initiative.

My problem is that I have only been able to find 2 providers and neither of them initially appear to be providing what we feel we want in the manner we want it.

Does anyone have any experience of delivering a BS initiative using consultants in the West Sussex / Hampshire area of the country and if so could they let me have some contact details.
Admin  
#2 Posted : 31 October 2003 14:35:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Sean Fraser
Debbie,

Can't give you direct assistance, but I would recommend you read a couple of documents available from the website of Step Change in Safety. Step Change is a successful Oil & Gas industry initiative that promotes safety both on and offshore.

The documents are:

Look This Way, and
Changing Minds.

Link:

http://step.steel-sci.or...main_publications_fs.htm

(You might have to register but it is free to do so)

There is a whole section on Behavioural Safety to follow up on.

At first glance you might think it isn't applicable, but many of the concepts are easily transferrable across industry and public service. They are good for assessing best practice and to provoke ideas and initiatives.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 31 October 2003 15:26:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By A Olsen
Debbie,

Quite a few providers out there - I know because I've looked at most of them. Many are variations on a theme and it's a case of finding the right blend of training provider and system for your culture. Only you will know the best fit. I will e-mail you directly with a couple of contacts and my personal viewpoint on each.

Good luck.

Alison