Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 05 November 2003 18:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Gary May The compilation of the asbestos register is nearly complete, but a question was raised "should we be registering each person who carries out work on buildings when the building has been assessed as containing ACM" My first thoughts are that we could be opening a vary large can of worms - creating a recording system that would be inpracticable, and unmanagable when so many buildings are being managed within the undertaking. Your Thoughts Please
Admin  
#2 Posted : 05 November 2003 20:52:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Stuart Nagle Gary. I would have thought that you would have undertaken a H&S assessment of your contractors coming to work for you, and in addition, so far as asbestos is concerned, you will advise them of the location, restrictions, and permitted/prohibited work in any areas of/or containing asbestos identified in your asbestos register (if they need to enster such areas). If the above is carried out and recorded I see no reason to duplicate the information in the asbestos register itself, so long as your records can be compared and this is established by a link in the documents (i.e. there is a reference to the process/procedures in place that is auditable).