Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 06 November 2003 15:40:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By JamesK Hi folks, I am looking for an easy way out here. I am a safety officer working in a steel and cladding company and I have been asked by one of our eployees to do a method statement for a small company that he runs on the side. He hires out mini excavators ( 5 in total ) to small companies in the rural part of the country and they themselves have insurance and drivers etc. He has not been asked for a safety staement but he wants one just in case he is asked. Can anyone save me time and send me a method statement for such a small enterprise. I know I am taking the easy option here but if I have something to go on I can easily draft one for him. Cheers folks, James
Admin  
#2 Posted : 06 November 2003 16:00:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Lewis T Roberts James, Don't quite understand why he whats a method statement if he hires plant to hirers who have their own operators. It would be up to the hirer to implement a system of method statements and risk assessments not the hirer. Lew
Admin  
#3 Posted : 06 November 2003 19:38:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jeff Manion visit our web page there are a number of free down loads, including draft method statements. Jeff Manion. www.groveservices.co.uk
Admin  
#4 Posted : 07 November 2003 15:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By JamesK My apologies Lewis...that should have read Safety statement... As I have said, he is a co-worker and I have informed him that I cannot do this for him offically..I am just looking for something that would be simular to his situation....5 mini-diggers tht he rents out to people....I suppose he just wants to make sure that he is doing the right thing...and who can blame him for that eh? Thanks again James
Admin  
#5 Posted : 07 November 2003 16:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jeff Manion If you send a e-mail direct can let you have one. Jeff Manion. MIOSH, RSP, MRSH, MIIRSM www.groveservices.co.uk
Admin  
#6 Posted : 07 November 2003 16:57:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By JamesK Many thanks Jeff Mail on the way james