Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 10 November 2003 14:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Clive Sherwood We are currently in the process of creating a new post with a focus upon manual handling assessment and training. We are keen to develop an individual for this role and would like to know of any recognised qualifications in manual handling? Can anyone help? Thanks Clive Sherwood
Admin  
#2 Posted : 10 November 2003 17:05:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By JamesK I know that here in Ireland there is a five day course with a company called NIFAST that trains a person to become a manual handling instructor/assessor. This person can then train others within the company on manual handling. He or she caould then carry out assessments in all departments. I myself have this completed and the course must be resat every 4 years.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 10 November 2003 17:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Jeff Manion ROSPA provide training. 0870 777 2227 CITB provide a form of training - seek web page HSE have free down load MAC - training. Artcon (London) 0800 687699. Thames Ambulabce Services 01268 512005. We provide training. see www.groveservices.co.uk. We alos have free download risk assessments. Jeff Manion. MIOSH, RSP, MRSH, MIIRSM
Admin  
#4 Posted : 11 November 2003 11:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Tracey Docking I went on a 5 day Train the Trainer course with Osteopaths for Industry.