Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 12 November 2003 12:03:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Simon Micklewright Which regulations state the number of toilets per staff members, I had the info but its now lost! if anyone knows, I would appreciate the source Thanks
Admin  
#2 Posted : 12 November 2003 12:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Ian Mycroft Regulation 20 of the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 is the one.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 12 November 2003 12:16:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Simon Micklewright Thank You very much Simon
Admin  
#4 Posted : 12 November 2003 12:18:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Simon Micklewright Which guidance relates to the The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992? As Im sure I have seen somwhere figures which suggest x number of staff must have x number of toilets etc??
Admin  
#5 Posted : 12 November 2003 12:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Francis MSc MIOSH RSP Try the ACOP- the tables you need are on pages 33 and 34 of mine.
Admin  
#6 Posted : 12 November 2003 12:27:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Paul Leadbetter Simon The ACoP for the Workplace Regs tabulates the minimum number of facilities against number of employees. Paul
Admin  
#7 Posted : 12 November 2003 13:43:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Philip Roberts Simon Have e-mailed you direct with relevent information regards Phil Roberts
Admin  
#8 Posted : 12 November 2003 13:48:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Peter Lee Remember it is an Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) NOT a regulation. Failing to follow an ACOP is not in itself an offence, the ACOP can be quoted in legal proceedings, however compliance in some other way can be a defence.
Admin  
#9 Posted : 12 November 2003 14:10:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Simon Micklewright Thanks for you promt responses - what a forum thank you. Simon