Welcome Guest! The IOSH forums are a free resource to both members and non-members. Login or register to use them

Postings made by forum users are personal opinions. IOSH is not responsible for the content or accuracy of any of the information contained in forum postings. Please carefully consider any advice you receive.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Admin  
#1 Posted : 02 December 2003 12:49:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By catherine JMaher We need to store some 47kg gas cyclinders in an outdoor store the problem I have is that they are very very likely to be stolen has anyone any experience of theft proof stores or the costs of building an indoor gas store? cheers Cath
Admin  
#2 Posted : 09 December 2003 17:13:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By John Sproul Cath There are several suppliers of various sizes of secure cages for gas bottle storage. Details can be found on the internet. Some users also loop a security chain through the bottle tops and fasten it with a heavy duty padlock either to a wall or ground mounted secure anchor as an added measure in case the cage is breached. Hope this helps. Regards, John.
Admin  
#3 Posted : 10 December 2003 13:54:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By Renny Thomson TechSP You could use a suitable cage type structure to secure the cylinders in. Either buy a proprietary storage cage, or have one built. Ventilation is a must, so I would strongly advise against storage of cylinders indoors. I would also contact the local fire service and advise them of the presence and location of the cylinders. Your fire risk assessment should also be revised.
Admin  
#4 Posted : 10 December 2003 17:11:00(UTC)
Admin

Posted By keith wigley I have seen some cage type storage containers that are on wheels so you can pull the whole thing in at night. provided itssafe to store them inside. regards keith.